Mindspring is able to fulfill its mission thanks to the generosity of our wonderful volunteers. We have many different opportunities to get involved with Mindspring as a volunteer.
Support Group Facilitators
Mindspring offers a few different support groups and is looking to grow this program. To run support groups, we must have dedicated facilitators who can make a routine monthly commitment. Facilitators must have lived experience (either self or family member) or be a student or professional in the mental health field.
Hearing Voices Facilitators
Hearing voices is a simulation program of what it is like to live with Schizophrenia. Volunteers help run activities for participants throughout the simulation.
Mindspring has multiple committees that work together to help drive the strategic initiatives of the organization. Committees Include:
- Advocacy and Outreach: Engage community members through improved marketing and promotional activities to raise public awareness of agency activities and mental healthcare in Iowa.
- Governance: Responsible for reviewing the governance structures and practices and reporting its findings and recommendations to the board.
- Finance: Provide financial oversight for Mindspring Mental Health Alliance. Typical tasks include budgeting, financial planning, financial reporting, and the creation and monitoring of internal control and accountability policies.
- Fund Development: Secure and sustain funding to achieve organizational goals.
- Education and Support Services: Enhance Education & Support programs to ensure maximum community impact and participant satisfaction.
Other volunteer opportunities arise throughout the year.
If you are interested in volunteer opportunities please fill out our form below. For questions or further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org